Friday, January 26, 2007

IMMORTATILY AT LAST

The whole world sickened me, more & more consuming me like a savage terminal illness. Over the edge sanity and drawing a hot bath, I began a note. Telling the world of my demise...I signed my name & slipped into the hot water. Oddly it felt relaxing, making my morbid task seem somewhat easier. I retreived the blade from my departed husband's razor & made an incision. My tears flowed from my eyes, like the blood from my wrists, as I whimpered how much I missed my loved ones.

At the edge of death and lying in my dilluted blood, a shrouded dark figure appeared before me. Her long, thick, curly dark locks of hair spilled over her shoulders, much like that of a lion's mane. I thought her presence to be that of an angel, her face appeared so soothing & comforting. she told me she could help me, informing me that the choice was mine. Dillusions of death taunted me, and out of fear, I cried for her to save me.

My next reccollection of events was foggy, clouded somehow, for time seemed to have stood still. My eyes fluttered open, realizing I was in a mausoleum. The dim glow of a candle illuminated the cold marble room, casting shadows about. I gasped at each, thinking I saw them move, my vision seemed peculiar,but somehow more crisp & clear. I felt dizzy & there was a constant pulse beating in my ears. Then, out of the shadows, sathlim stepped forth. A pain like no other consumed me. I cried out as I felt my guts wrenching & twisting inside. The clearest memory was that of my tiny feet on the cold floor as I walked toward her, not knowing where I was going or why.
"What have you done to me?" I screamed. "This is a fate worse than death itself!" with a hint of desparation.
she sat at the edge of the bed, gently caressing my brow. I did not understand, but I could smell the blood within her wrist, as she touched me. I was being overwelmed by my senses. They seemed magnified 1,000 times. The trees were alive...I felt I saw everything around me, breathing. It was undescribable to mortals. She pricked hers wrist gently allowing some blood to surface. I lunged at it, then recoiled, for I felt completely confused. Why did I desire & crave the blood? I cried even more in confusion.
"Drink, child." she whispered softly.
And it was then that I began my descent into immortality.

2 comments:

modoathii said...

oooooooookay! er...i was forced into this blog by force and er, i think it TOTALLYROCKS!IT'SGREAT!OHMYGOODNESS!

now i've seen them all. i saw a blog about heavenly stuff now i've seen a totally opposite one. captivating.

nitapitia hapa na doom next time.

mdskpr said...

This a quote? Lovecraft?